Monday, September 20, 2010

What Is Your Name?

copyright 2010 by Stefan Bolz

My name:
A symbol of a symbol
A definition of myself
A fence around something utterly unimaginable
A barrier of protection against an enemy unknown
A very short version of a life's story which in itself is nothing but
A short version of yet another shield against the truth

My name:
Can what you think you know about me be the truth?
I am happy, sad, nervous, kind, a liar, a saint, a lover, a friend.
Is that the truth about me?
Or are all those atributes, the good and the bad, mere parts of yet another part
Carved out of an illusion of myself?
Or is what defines me further, ever further from my truth?
Can a name allow me to experience love?
Or does it hinder its accceptance?

My name:
What you associate with me is not the truth.
It seems to be and everyone agrees to live an image of herself
A picture and a word, a certain meaning just to say 'I am'.
I am not who I think I am.
For I have no name.

Except the one changeless
Written amongst the stars.

No comments: